Hybrid Fractional Resurfacing
What do you want to change about your skin?
Chances are, a hybrid fractional laser procedure, is your ticket to firmer, smoother, and more radiant skin without the downtime associated with traditional laser procedures.
In as few as 1 to 2 treatments, you can expect an overall improvement in skin clarity, reduction in discoloration and hyperpigmentation, and smoother texture. Older, non-hybrid treatments can take 5 or 6 to achieve similar correction and changes.
One Laser, Dual-Action Treatment
Unlike other treatments, this laser is uniquely designed to deliver both ablative and non-ablative wavelengths to the same treatment zone. This dual-wavelength feature means that the laser resurfaces both your epidermis (the topmost layer of skin) and the dermis (the thick layer of living tissue, where collagen and elastin develop) at the same time.
- More comfortable than traditional fractional resurfacing
- Fast healing, patients are back in makeup within 24 hours
- Minimial downtime, patients are able to go back to work within a couple of days
- Noticeable improvements to patients skin within a few weeks
- Minimal post-treatment care required
- Effective on all skin types
WHAT SKIN PROBLEMS CAN THIS TREAT?
The procedure shines at improving the look of lines and wrinkles, and reversing visible signs of sun damage on the face and body. It's completely customizable, making it safe for many skin types, and it can treat a more diverse range of skin color than traditional ablative treatments. The following skin conditions can be improved:
- Mild to Deep Wrinkles
- Sun Damage
- Pigment Irregularities
Plan on being in clinic for 1-2 hours. A topical numbing anesthetic is applied and needs to take effect. Your eyes will be protected with safety shields and your Aesthetic Laser Technician will position the laser handpiece above the skin, and hold it in place as the computer-guided scanner moves the laser beam around the treatment area. Depending on the size of the area being treated, the procedure usually lasts 30 to 45 minutes. After treatment, plan on 15 to 30 minutes for skin cooling and water mist.
Excellent results can be obtained in just one treatment, but the number of treatments needed varies from patient to patient. Your Skin Rejuvenation Laser Technician can personalize a plan based on your specific needs.
Immediately after the treatment you will notice that your skin has a “frosty” appearance. This is the dehydrated skin that will peel away within next few days. You may experience some skin redness and a sunburn-like sensation, as well as mild swelling.
You may be given skin care products and instructions on how to use them. Your skin will be sensitive to ultraviolet light after the procedure, so you must avoid direct sun exposure until fully healed. It is recommended that you always use some level of solar protection to avoid sun damage and premature aging of your skin.
Depending on how deep the treatment goes, most patients often feel comfortable enough to return to work within one to four days, depending on the treatment depth.
Because both the outer layer of skin and dermal layer is treated, most patients notice an obvious improvement in tone, texture and color evenness once the skin heals in approximately three to four days. Residual firming and wrinkle smoothing effects can last for several months after the procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Treated areas remain red and very warm for 12 to 24 hours post-procedure.
- Redness over the treatment area may intensify at first, but reduce over a period of 7 days.
- Swelling is common and may continue for 2 to 4 days. Relief is achieved with a cold compress and by sleeping in an elevated position the first night.
- Mild pinpoint bleeding and serous fluid weeping may occur for up to 12 hours.
- Within 2 to 3 days post-procedure, treated areas may darken, small spots and crusty patches surface. Damaged skin is preparing to lift away as fresh tissue regenerates.
- Skin will be very dry and flaky, with peeling and sloughing for up to 10 days. Do NOT scratch, pick, or scrape your skin.
- Post-treatment discomfort may be relieved with OTC Tylenol/Advil, as directed by your provider.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
For more information about Hybrid Fractional Therapy, call (210) 822-5548 to schedule a consultation with San Antonio's leading laser center, Skin Rejuvenation Clinique.